TRACTION SCHOOL HOLIDAY PROGRAMS
Looking for a cool school holiday program for your 12 to 17 year old sons or daughters?
TRACTION School Holiday ‘Boot Camps’ provide an experience that young people will never forget and:
• Ensure participants have fun whilst learning new skills and making new friends,
• Provide a unique experience that builds confidence and self-belief and fosters community connection,
• Support self-expression, the appreciation of differences, and the discovery and recognition of talents, and
• Build practical and life skills.
• Places limited to 6 young people (aged 12-17 years old) at a time at each Boot Camp location
• Boot Camps typically run for 2 days, 9.00am – 2.30pm each day. Punctuality is important to ensure participants get the most from the program.
• Participants must bring their own food and drinks each day
• Closed toe shoes must be worn. Hi-vis safety vests and other Personal Protective Safety Equipment will be provided.
• It is recommended that participants wear suitably comfortable and cool clothing that may get dirty during the program.
Bicycle Build 'Boot Camps'
Participants will strip down, re-assemble and personalise a bicycle during the week and get to keep the bicycle at the conclusion of the program. The program is perfect for those interested in learning more about bicycle mechanics and maintenance. Ideally participants will already be able to ride a bike.
Small Engine 'Boot Camps'
TRACTION Small Engine ‘Boot Camps’ provide an experience for young people that have an interest in mechanics and make an ideal follow on experience for those that have completed Bicycle Builds.
Programs vary, however participants typically:
- Assemble a model engine to build an understanding of basic internal combustion engines and operating principles,
- Strip down and disassemble a small engine (e.g. lawn mower engine) and reassemble to compare "real life" engine to model engine and to examine in further details operating principles such as valve sizing, valve timing, valve seating, oil distribution
- Complete a Honda lawn mower service to understand the differences between minor service, major service, overhaul and repair
- Undertake a small motorcycle engine disassembly and reassembly to understand differences and similarities between mower engine (single cylinder/no gearbox) and motorcycle engines (multi cylinder/gearbox/chain transmission)
- Undertake a ‘pre-purchase inspection’ or service on a Honda “Postie” motorcycle
PHOTOS FROM SCHOOL HOLIDAY PROGRAMS
September holidays 2018
ALEXANDRA HILLS - Redlands Community - SEP 2018 - Click HERE
Easter holidays 2018
ALEXANDRA HILLS - Access Community Services - APR 2018 - Click HERE
Christmas holidays 2017
MOOROOKA - Access Community Services - DEC 2017 - Click here
June holidays 2017
MOOROOKA - Access Community Services - JUN 2017 - Click here
Easter holidays 2017
MOOROOKA Week 1 - APR 2017 - Click here
MOOROOKA Week 2 - APR 2017 - Access Community Services - Click here
CAPALABA - APR 2017 - Click here
Christmas holidays 2016-17
Copyright TRACTION Community 2019
TRACTION Programs are run under the auspices of JOII Community Ltd (formerly Briswest Care Association Inc)
ABN 88 870 117 146
A Charitable Organisation with Public Benevolent Institution status granted by the Australian Taxation Office - Ref: AF1595C/SF8939B.